Apache CouchDB 1.6.0 Released
Apache CouchDB 1.6.0 has been released and is available for download.
Grab your copy here:
Pre-built packages for Windows and OS X are available.
CouchDB 1.6.0 is a feature release, and was originally published on 2014-06-10.
These release notes are based on the changelog.
The Proxy Authentication handler was renamed to proxy_authentication_handler to follow the *_authentication_handler form of all other handlers. The old proxy_authentification_handler name is marked as deprecated and will be removed in future releases. It’s strongly recommended to update the httpd/authentication_handlers option with the new value if you have this handler configured.
- COUCHDB-2200: support Erlang/OTP 17.0 #35e16032
- Fauxton: many improvements in our experimental new user interface, including switching the code editor from CodeMirror to Ace as well as better support for various browsers.
- Add the max_count option (UUIDs Configuration) to allow rate-limiting the amount of UUIDs that can be requested from the /_uuids handler in a single request (CVE 2014-2668).
- COUCHDB-1986: increase socket buffer size to improve replication speed for large documents and attachments, and fix tests on BSD-like systems. #9a0e561b
- COUCHDB-1953: improve performance of multipart/related requests. #ce3e89dc
- COUCHDB-2221: verify that authentication-related configuration settings are well-formed. #dbe769c6
- COUCHDB-1922: fix CORS exposed headers. #4f619833
- Rename proxy_authentification_handler to proxy_authentication_handler. #c66ac4a8
- COUCHDB-1795: ensure the startup script clears the pid file on termination. #818ef4f9
- COUCHDB-1962: replication can now be performed without having write access to the source database (#1d5fe2aa), the replication checkpoint interval is now configurable (#0693f98e).
- COUCHDB-2025: add support for SOCKS5 proxies for replication. #fcd76c9
- COUCHDB-1930: redirect to the correct page after submitting a new document with a different ID than the one suggested by Futon. #4906b591
- COUCHDB-1923: add support for attachments and att_encoding_info options (formerly only available on the documents API) to the view API. #ca41964b
- COUCHDB-1647: for failed replications originating from a document in the _replicator database, store the failure reason in the document. #08cac68b
- A number of improvements for the documentation.
CouchDB Weekly News, June 06
Weekly CouchDB meeting – summary
- 1.6.0 release status: the vote had passed last week, binaries for Mac and Windows are ready for testing. The release will be very soon, stay tuned!
- BigCouch merge: significant process has been made; testing is highly important now. We want to encourage everyone to help with testing COUCHDB-1843 branch, especially :5984 API iface. Info: to run the bigcouch from merge branch: clone couchdb.git, checkout 1843-feature-bigcouch, ./configure && make && dev/run. Please report any errors you find during testing on dev@ Mailing list or on IRC #couchdb-dev.
- Bylaws, Code of Conduct and Diversity Statement: all PMC members are asked for reviewing and commenting the Bylaws and the Code of Conduct and Diversity Statement. A thread about approval models and vetoes will be started on the mailing list.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- cores 0.8.5 – CouchDB resources with validation
- PouchDB 2.2.3 – including various fixes and new features (see release notes)
- stork-odm 0.1.8 – providing a layer of document management over CouchDB
- nano-repository 0.0.2 – making using CouchDB via Nano even easier
- Couch-Daemon – now with regexp enhanced black- and whitelist support and bug fix; the changes also had influence on Couchmagick, Dimensionist, Massage Couch
- steelmesh-appsync 0.1.0 – Steelmesh CouchDB -> local filesystem synchronization engine
- cores 0.8.5 – CouchDB resources with validation
- docuri 4.0.2 – rich document ids for CouchDB
- How to backup / restore demo data on Cloudant or CouchDB in sbt tasks
- Mini-Tutorial: Saving Tweets to a Database with Python and CouchDB
Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Google Groups: Are opening and closing connections to remote CouchDB handled automatically by PouchDB?
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB automatic archiving
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB and Couchbase Document Keys
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB for event sourcing
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB filtered replication - remove a document
- Stack Overflow: Mobile app using PouchDB-CouchDB and MySQL
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB call update handler within validate document
- Stack Overflow: I am using ajax PUT call to insert data into CouchDB but get 79byte file
- Stack Overflow: Getting the numbers of different fields in couchdb
- Stack Overflow: Change in id but the value same in CouchDB
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB crashes when bound to public ip
Get involved!If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Here's a list of beginner tickets around our currently ongoing Fauxton-implementation. If you have any questions or need help, don't hesitate to contact us in the couchdb-dev IRC room (#couchdb-dev) – Garren (garren) and Sue (deathbear) are happy to help.
- June 10, Hamburg, Germany: CouchDB Meetup #2
- June 10, Bristol, United Kingdom: South West Data Social
- June 11, Dortmund, Germany: OpenTechSchool Learners Meetup
- June 12, Berlin, Germany: Time to relax! – CouchDB Hack Night
- June 16-17, San Francisco, USA: CloudantCON | tickets (discounted rate)
- ApacheCon Europe will be from November 17-21 in Budapest. The Call for Papers is now open and we would like to encourage you to consider if you want to talk about CouchDB there.
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior Software Engineer, San Francisco, CA, USA
… and also in the news
- The Illusion of Motion
- How much Data do you really need?
- "I never thought I'd say that "I'm freaking in love with a NoSQL database!" but then I found @CouchDB" (Ryan Tablada on Twitter)