Entries tagged [berlin]
The Apache® Software Foundation Announces Program Highlights for ApacheCon™ Europe
- "Tomorrow's Technology Today" — first-hand insight on Open Source technologies in Big Data, Community, IoT, Machine Learning, Servers, and more, independent of business interests, corporate biases, or sales pitches;
- Unparallelled educational opportunities — ApacheCon content is selected entirely by Apache projects and their communities, enabling participants at all levels to learn about the latest developments from Apache Airflow, Beam, Calcite, Cassandra, Commons, cTAKES, Flink, Hadoop, Hive, HTTP Server, Ignite, James, Kafka, Mynewt, NiFi, PLC4X, Spark, Tika, Tomcat, and numerous innovations in the Apache Incubator, such as Hivemall, IoTDB, Training, and more;
- Keynotes and plenary sessions —
Miguel Gamiño, Executive Vice President, Global Cities at MasterCard: "City Possible: Addressing Shared Urban Challenges By Harnessing the Super-Power of Collaboration"
Nanjala Nyabola, writer, independent researcher and political analyst: "Where Do Broken Rights Go? A View from the Global South on the Limits of Techno-solutionism"
Ken Coar, Mark Cox, Lars Eilebrecht, and Dirk-Willem van Gulik, ASF co-Founders: "Founders' Panel"
David Nalley, ASF Executive Vice President: "State of the Feather"
- Community sessions and Evening events — Hackathon, BarCamp, Movie Night screening of "FUD", Lightning Talks, ASF 20th Anniversary welcome reception, and more, including filming of "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on the ASF;
- Community Partnerships — connect with communities from the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Informatics (DG DIGIT), EU Free and Open Source Software Auditing Community, Flink Forward, the Open Source Business Alliance, Open Source Design, and more. The Open Source Design community will be holding a dedicated track during the event, as well as a free post-conference usability workshop on 25 October;
- Event Sponsorship — ApacheCon sponsors who showcase their products, people, and community support benefit by extending their brands to the greater Apache community, engaging with industry influencers, and connecting with potential future collaborators. Many sponsors consider ApacheCon to be an invaluable resource for recruiting top Open Source talent. ApacheCon attendees include individual developers and users, Fortune 500 companies, start-ups, educators, consultants, community managers, Open Source enthusiasts, influencers, and industry analysts.
ApacheCon Sponsors include: Google Cloud, eBay Tech Berlin, Amazon, RedHat, Instaclustr, and Berlin Partner, among others. To become an ApacheCon Sponsor, visit https://s.apache.org/2019-BERApacheConProspectus
Posted at 06:00AM Sep 24, 2019 by Sally in General | |
The Apache® Software Foundation Announces Program for ApacheCon™ Europe
Attendees will join The Apache Software Foundation in celebrating its 20th Anniversary with special events and activities, including dynamic discourse with select ASF founders, and keynotes by European Commission Director of Digital Business Solutions Thomas Gageik, Mastercard Executive Vice President for Global Cities Miguel Gamiño, and political analyst and writer Nanjala Nyabola.
- Standard Registration: 7 October. Special discounted rates are available for select individual participants and groups. Sign up at https://aceu19.apachecon.com
- Travel Assistance: 14 July. Members of all underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply for Travel Assistance. Apply at http://www.apache.org/travel/
ApacheCon Sponsors include: Aiven, Amazon, Amazon Web Services, Comcast, CrowdStrike, DataStax, eBay Tech Berlin, Google Cloud, HotWax Systems, IBM, Imply, Instaclustr, Jahia, Linode, PCCC, Red Hat, ShapeBlue, SK Telecom, Stream Native, Tencent Cloud, The Last Pickle, and WhiteSource, among others. Community Partners include the EU Free and Open Source Software Auditing Community, Flink Forward, and Open Source Design. To become an ApacheCon Sponsor, visit https://s.apache.org/2019-BERApacheConProspectus for more information.
Media partners include BI Scout, Datafloq, dpunkt.verlag, Irish Tech News, It's FOSS, Manning Publications, O'Reilly, and SD Times. For media sponsorship opportunities and registration by credentialed members of the media and analyst community, contact Sally Khudairi at email@example.com.
Posted at 09:00AM Jul 11, 2019 by Sally in General | |
ADVISORY: Communications received from organization impersonating ApacheCon team
- Virtual Inc. for ApacheCon North America
- New Thinking/Plain Schwartz for ApacheCon Europe
Posted at 09:19PM Jun 23, 2019 by Sally in General | |
The Apache® Software Foundation Announces Call for Presentations and Registration Open for ApacheCon, its Official Global Conference Series
Attendees to Experience "Tomorrow's Technology Today" and Celebrate Two Decades of Open Source Innovation "The Apache Way" in Chicago, Las Vegas, and Berlin
Wakefield, MA —3 April 2019— The Apache® Software Foundation (ASF), the all-volunteer developers, stewards, and incubators of more than 350 Open Source projects and initiatives, announced today that its call for presentations (CFPs) and registration are open for ApacheCon™, the ASF's official global conference series.
ApacheCon draws attendees from more than 60 countries to experience "Tomorrow's Technology Today" by showcasing key Open Source technologies independent of business interests, corporate biases, or sales pitches. ApacheCon content is selected entirely by Apache projects and their communities, enabling participants at all levels to learn about the latest innovations in dozens of categories that include Big Data, containers, Cloud, DevOps, IoT, servers, and Web frameworks, among others. Participants learn about Open Source development "The Apache Way", through hands-on sessions, keynotes, real-world case studies, trainings, hackathons, BarCamps, and more in a deliberately intimate, collaborative, vendor-neutral environment.
"The first ApacheCon started 21 years ago and quickly rose to prominence for its strong community presence, both in content and spirit," said Rich Bowen, ASF Vice President of Conferences. "Through the years, ApacheCon has featured Apache projects from virtually every technology area in Open Source, presented by hundreds of individuals from the greater Apache community. We are proud to continue to be the primary gathering of the collective Apache community worldwide, and look forward to celebrating the ASF's 20th Anniversary together at ApacheCon."
Attendees will join The Apache Software Foundation to celebrate its 20th Anniversary at the following events:
- Apache Roadshow: 13-14 May 2019 in Chicago, Illinois
- ApacheCon North America: 9-12 September 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada
- ApacheCon Europe: 22-24 October 2019 in Berlin, Germany
Call for Presentations
The Call for Presentations (CFPs) is open for both ApacheCon North America and Europe events. ApacheCon North America will feature over a dozen tracks, including Apache project summits for Cassandra, CloudStack, Tomcat, and Traffic Control, as well as user community-generated content, such as from the Open Geospatial Consortium, which will be organizing a track for the third consecutive year. Content tracks at ApacheCon Berlin will feature Big Data, Community, IoT, Machine Learning, and Open Source Design, among other categories. The Apache Roadshow/Chicago has just closed its CFP and will be featuring AdTech, FinTech, Insurance, "Made in Chicago" Startups, Podling Shark Tank, Community Diversity, and other categories as part of its program.
Registration is open for all three events, with time-limited, early registration incentives and additional discounted rates available for individual participants as well as groups.
ApacheCon sponsors gain visibility and competitive advantage by engaging with the greater Apache community, industry influencers, and potential future collaborators. Many sponsors consider Apache conference events to be invaluable resources for recruiting top Open Source talent. ApacheCon Platinum Sponsors include Google Cloud, DataStax, and Tencent Cloud. Sponsorship opportunities are available for all three events; prospectuses are available for download from each conference Website.
Key Dates and Details
- Apache Roadshow/Chicago: 13-14 May, Logan Square
Registration open; venue details available online
- ApacheCon North America/Las Vegas: 9-12 September, Flamingo Hotel and Casino
CFP closes 13 May 2019
Early registration ends 27 June 2019
Discounted sleeping room rates at the Flamingo close 19 August 2019 (or when the block is sold out, whichever comes first)
- ApacheCon Europe/Berlin: 22-24 October, Kulturbrauerei
CFP closes 26 May 2019
Early registration ends 31 May 2019
Venue details available online
- Credentialed members of the media and analyst community may contact Sally Khudairi at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on obtaining press passes.
ApacheCon is the official global conference series of The Apache Software Foundation. Since 1998 ApacheCon has been drawing participants at all levels to explore "Tomorrow's Technology Today" across 300+ Apache projects and their diverse communities. ApacheCon showcases the latest developments in ubiquitous Apache projects and emerging innovations through hands-on sessions, keynotes, real-world case studies, trainings, hackathons, community events, and more. For more information, visit http://apachecon.com/ and https://twitter.com/ApacheCon
About The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)
Established in 1999, the all-volunteer Foundation oversees more than 350 leading Open Source projects, including Apache HTTP Server —the world's most popular Web server software. Through the ASF's merit-based process known as "The Apache Way," more than 730 individual Members and 7,000 Committers across six continents successfully collaborate to develop freely available enterprise-grade software, benefiting billions of users worldwide: thousands of software solutions are distributed under the Apache License; and the community actively participates in ASF mailing lists, mentoring initiatives, and ApacheCon, the Foundation's official user conference, trainings, and expo. The ASF is a US 501(c)(3) charitable organization, funded by individual donations and corporate sponsors including Aetna, Alibaba Cloud Computing, Anonymous, ARM, Baidu, Bloomberg, Budget Direct, Capital One, Cerner, Cloudera, Comcast, Facebook, Google, Handshake, Hortonworks, Huawei, IBM, Indeed, Inspur, Leaseweb, Microsoft, ODPi, Pineapple Fund, Pivotal, Private Internet Access, Red Hat, Target, Tencent, Union Investment, Workday, and Verizon Media. For more information, visit http://apache.org/ and https://twitter.com/TheASF
© The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", "Cassandra", "Apache Cassandra", "CloudStack", "Apache CloudStack", "Tomcat", "Apache Tomcat", "Traffic Control", "Apache Traffic Control", and "ApacheCon" are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
# # #
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
The Apache Software Foundation
+1 617 921 8656
Public Relations Director, Virtual, Inc.
The Apache Software Foundation
+1 781 876 6280
Posted at 10:00AM Apr 03, 2019 by Sally in General | |