Entries tagged [4.14]
The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® CloudStack® v4.14
The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® CloudStack® v 4.14
Mature Open Source Enterprise Cloud platform powers billions of dollars in transactions for the world's largest Cloud providers, Fortune 5 multinationals, educational institutions, and more.
Wakefield, MA —NN May 2020— The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), the all-volunteer developers, stewards, and incubators of more than 350 Open Source projects and initiatives, announced today Apache® CloudStack® 4.14, the latest version of the mature, turnkey enterprise Cloud orchestration platform.
Apache CloudStack includes the entire "stack" of features in an IaaS cloud: compute orchestration, Network-as-a-Service, user and account management, full and open native API, resource accounting, and a first-class user interface.
"v4.14 is an exciting release for Apache Cloudstack and is the result of many months of collaboration by our community,” said Sven Vogel, Vice President of Apache CloudStack. “We are introducing a number of major new features that have been driven by demand by users and operators of CloudStack based IaaS environments. At the same time, we have kept to the project's ethos of having a tightly defined scope and being the platform of choice on which to layer other services.”
Of particular note are:
• Cloudstack Kubernetes Service gives operators the ability to deliver CaaS or K8aaS style services with no change to underlying infrastructure or business process
• VM Ingestion gives operators the ability to easily “import” existing VMware environments into Cloudstack
• The new backup and recovery framework, allows operators to integrate with any backup platform, giving a seamless user experience from the Cloudstack UI/API
“Apache Cloudstack 4.14 ships with a Technical Preview of Cloudstack’s new User Interface,” added Vogel. “This presents a new, ‘enterprise feel’ user experience and is earmarked to replace the current UI. We are encouraging all Cloudstack users to explore the Technical Preview and give feedback to the community. Thank you to all of the contributors across our community who have made this release possible."
More than 200 new features, enhancements and fixes include:
• New modern UI (Project Primate, Technical preview)
• Backup and Recovery framework
• Backup and Recovery provider for Veeam
• VM ingestion
• CloudStack Kubernetes Service
• L2 network PVLAN enhancements
• UEFI support
• KVM rolling maintenance
• Enable Direct Download for systemVM templates
• Template Direct Download support for Local and SharedMountPoint storages
• VR health checks
• Download logs and diagnostics data from SSVM/CPVM/VRs
• Enable additional configuration metadata to virtual machines
The full list of new features can be found in the project release notes at http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/18.104.22.168/releasenotes/index.html
Apache CloudStack powers thousands of clouds and billions of dollars in transactions across an array of organizations that include Apple, BT, INRIA, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), SAP, Taiwan Mobile, Verizon, and WebMD, among others. A list of some of Apache CloudStack’s users are available at http://cloudstack.apache.org/users.html
Posted at 10:33AM May 26, 2020 by Andrija in Announcements | |