Bigtop presents full stack based on Apache Hadoop 1.0
Just a couple months ago Apache Hadoop fans, committers and alike were cheered up by the news that Hadoop community has released a long awaited version 1.0 of the famous Hadoop data crunching platform.
It is a pleasure to be writing this blog because while I am doing it, Apache mirrors are synchronizing the first ever release of Haodop 1.0 based data analytic stack that has been fully built, validated, and packaged by the Apache Bigtop project (incubating).
Ladies and gentleman: we are proud to present a collaborative effort of many teams and individuals, that allows Bigtop to put together a first ever 100% open-source Apache Hadoop big data stack.
Just a few highlights:
- Bigtop 0.3.0 (incubating) includes 10 major data analytic components including Apache HBase, Pig, Hive, Mahout, etc.
- out of the box native packaging for all major Linux distributions: Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, Suse
- complete set of source code (including all packaging specs, validation framework iTest, etc.) is available under ASF 2.0 license from Apache SVN repository
- Puppet recipes for fully automated cluster nodes configuration
- release comes with a significant number of improvements and fixed issues
What's in the release? You will be pleased to find
- Hadoop 1.0.1, Hbase 0.92
- Hive 0.8.1
- Mahout 0.6.1
- Oozie 3.1.3
- Pig 0.9.2
- Sqoop 1.4.1
- Whirr 0.7
- ZooKeeper 3.4.3
- Flume 1.0.0
Whether you're a seasoned data analyst, BOFH Hadoop DevOps or a curious open source developer -- make sure to check out the Bigtop 0.3.0 distribution. Most of all, though, consider joining our community and help us build the most reliable, 100% Apache big data analytics stack that commercial vendors can be envy of!
Posted at 05:06PM Apr 02, 2012 by cos in General | |