Entries tagged [4.1.7]
1.6 million downloads of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7
On Sep, 21st we have released Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7. Since then we had 1.6 million
download requests. And this is only for the newest release. There are
more for other versions that the users download due to their special
needs. And not included are the many others from news magazins - online
or on CD/DVD.
Another impressive number is: 294 million. These are the downloads over all versions since 01st January, 2012.
Also with this post we want to call your attention again to 2 important things:
- We strongly advise to download software only from its original
source. Then you are on the safe side to avoid any viruses or malware.
For Apache OpenOffice it is "https://www.openoffice.org/download/".
- You don't need a permission or even registration to use or copy Apache OpenOffice as it is free and open source software. So, no problem with license keys and fees and other restricting stuff that is wasting your lifetime.
Posted at 06:44PM Oct 22, 2019 by marcus in General | |
Announcing Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7
21 September 2019 - Apache OpenOffice, the leading Open Source office
document productivity suite, announced today Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7, as
usual available in 41 languages for Windows, macOS and Linux.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 is a maintenance release aimed at correcting some regressions and delivering the latest English dictionary. All users of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.6 or earlier are advised to upgrade.
Main improvements include:
* Adds support for AdoptOpenJDK as well as Oracle Java
* Possible crash in Freetype code
* Crash in Writer when linking frames on OS/2
* Apache OpenOffice TM in Splash screen has different background
The complete overview is available as list in Bugzilla.
Details of this release are described in the Release Notes.
For a complete list of available languages and language packs see the download webpage.
Those interested can also download the source code.
You are encouraged to subscribe to the Apache OpenOffice announcement mailing list to receive important notifications such as product updates and security patches. To subscribe you can send an email to: announce-subscribe-AT-openoffice.apache-DOT-org.Follow Apache OpenOffice:
Posted at 07:40PM Sep 21, 2019 by marcus in General | |