Call for Documentation Volunteers
As the Apache OpenOffice project gets closer to our big 4.0 release we're ramping up our documentation team. The goal is to have new User Guides ready for the OpenOffice 4.0 launch. If you know something about technical writing, or OpenOffice, or ideally both, we'd love your help.
Of all the opportunities you have to volunteer your time for worthy causes, why should you consider volunteering with the Apache OpenOffice documentation team? A few thoughts on that:
- We're a fun, international group of volunteers, with a range of skills and experience, dedicated to free software and spreading the word about OpenOffice.
- Helping with documentation is a good way to "give back" to the open
source community, something that can be done without requiring special
technical skills or large time commitments.
- Contributions are needed from volunteers with a range of experience levels and interests. From authoring, to editing, technical verification, proof-reading, graphic design and tooling, we need volunteers in many disciplines.
- This is a good way to learn more about technical writing and gain practical experience.
- OpenOffice is among the most recognized open source brands, up there with Linux, Android and Firefox. Your contributions to our efforts will potentially be seen by millions of users.
Posted at 02:25PM Feb 26, 2013 by robweir in General | |