Apache OpenOffice Weekly News #2
Welcome to the second edition of Apache OpenOffice Weekly News. We welcome your feedback and contributions. You can respond with a
comment on this blog post, of course. You can also send an email to
our public mailing list: dev-AT-openoffice.apache-DOT-org.
- Marcus has been looking at ways of improving the UI of the download page and has posted a prototype of some changes that make it easier to access different languages and OS versions.
- Juergen has started the vote to release AOO 4.1 RC4. If the vote passes, OpenOffice 4.1 will be released later this week.
OpenOffice in the News
- "Open source Apache Openoffice surpasses 100 million downloads" is the headline in the Inquirer.
- "OpenOffice llega a las 100 millones de descargas" in FayerWayer.com.
- "Can’t Afford Microsoft? Meet Apache OpenOffice", in Small Business Trends. Mark O'Neill writes: "So this version is clearly the leader among open sourced options."
- "Open source productivity suite OpenOffice reaches 100 million downloads in less than two years" by Saroj Kar in SiliconANGLE.
- "OpenOffice suite hits 100 million downloads" by Daniel Robinson on V3.co.uk.
- "El OpenOffice alcanza las 100 millones de descargas" on Lanacion.com.
- "OpenOffice conta cento milioni di download" on ITespresso.com