Lucene.Net 3.0.3 Released
Apache Lucene.Net 3.0.3 just passed a vote for release - our first official release since graduating from the incubator in August. A lot of work was put into porting and testing the code. We've brought back .Net 3.5 support and added an entirely new Spatial Contrib project.
Files can be downloaded from a number of places:
- SVN Source: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene.net/tags/Lucene.Net_3_0_3_RC2_final/
- Dist Source: http://www.apache.org/dist/lucenenet/
- Dist Binaries: http://www.apache.org/dist/lucenenet/
Apache Lucene.Net Graduates!
Congratulations to the Apache Lucene.Net Developers and Community! We've made it out of incubation.
Seems like a relatively quick road; About a year an a half ago the Lucene.Net project was in danger of being retired. A few people brought it back and Lucene.Net entered the Apache Incubator. We've had a couple of releases, 2.9.2, 2.9.4, 2.9.4g and we're nearly ready to release big changes with 3.0.3. We've added new committers and have worked toward rebuilding our community.
At the August 15th board meeting, the board voted unanimously to accept our graduation resolution, officially moving us out of the Incubator. Over the next couple of weeks, we've be moving all of our resources out of the incubator into our new permanent home, mailing lists will be updated, website update, svn repositories, etc.
Apache Lucene.Net 2.9.4g Incubating released
It took about two months to fully roll out the 2.9.4g branch out the door. This release mostly replaces the plumbing of 2.9.4 with the .NET generic classes. One of the many benefits is the ability to use more .NET like code such as foreach (instead of GetEnumerator/MoveNext). There are a couple of API changes to be aware of:
- StopAnalyzer(List stopWords)
- TopDocs.TotalHits, TopDocs.ScoreDocsv
Apache Lucene.Net 2.9.4 Incubating released
We finally got it out the door, it took a lot longer than we expected. However, we have a ton of bug fixes rolled into this relase as well as a number of new features.
- Some of the bug fixes include: concurrency issues, mono compilation issues, and memory leaks.
- A lot of work has been done to clean up the code base, refactoring the code and project files, and providing build scripts
- A couple of new features: Search.Regex, Simple Faceted Search, and simple phrase analysis in the Fast Vector Highlighter
- Download it now on our downloads page
Just around the corner is a 2.9.4g release (early January), that has been substantially refactored and uses generics across the board.
With the close of the 99designs contest for a new logo that Jeff Atwood of SO fame gracious put on, we now have a new logo. With it we've built a slimmed down website that hopefully allows users to find what they are looking for quickly without all the extra fluff.
Stay tuned for the 2.9.4 release!
Lucene.Net 2.9.2 Released
It took us quite a while, but we finally got Lucene.Net 2.9.2 out the door.
- 2 API changes - Deprecated Version.LUCENE_CURRENT and added a new CustomScoreProvider class
- Numerous test cases and optimizations
- 11 bug fixes